- OPGC becomes an ISO 55001:2014 (Asset Management) Certified Company with effect from 1st April 2017.
- SILVER AWARD at “Odisha Safety Conclave”, Bhubaneswar 24th September 2016, Bhubaneswar
- OPGC received be prestigious Kalinga Safety Award 2015
- Mr. Paritosh Mishra, Head (HR) was conferred with Gold Award for Outstanding Achievement as HR Leader in the 5th Annual Greentech HR Award 2015, on 29th May, 2015.
- The HR department of OPGC was conferred with the Gold Award in “Best Strategy in HR” category in the prestigious “4th Annual Greentech HR Award 2014” on 27th June, 2014.
- Mr. Paritosh Mishra, Head(HR) Was bestowed with the honours of “50 Most Talented Global HR Leaders in Asia” by World HRD Congress in its 22nd Edition at Taj Lands End, Mumbai on 19th February, 2014.
- OPGC bagged two awards in APEX Global Level Competitions-2015.
- PRDS Project Won 2nd Prize in Category “Benefits Under 0.5 Million USD”.
- E-SCM Project won 2nd Prize in Category “Replication From Previous Project”.
- The competition was held from 10th to 12th January, 2016
- 24 teams from all AES locations around the globe participated in this APEX Global round competitions in which three teams were from OPGC which presented three different projects.
- IB Thermal Power Station received ISO 9001:2008 Certification on 6th January, 2016
- Mechanical Maintenance Quality Circle team of OPGC named “AKASH GANGA” bagged the PAR EXCELLENCE Award at the NCQC (National Convention of Quality Concepts) for their case study presentation on the subject “ENHANCE RELIABILITY IN HIGH PRESSURE PUMPS OF MILLING SYSTEM”. The event was held at Chennai from 18th till 21st December, 2015.
- OPGC was conferred with FICCI Special Jury Commendation Award for CSR at ‘FICCI CSR Summit & Awards-2015’. The Award to OPGC was presented by Mr. Thaawar Chand Gehlot, Hon’ble Union Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India at New Delhi on 24 November 2015.
- OPGC has been felicitated with the coveted Kalinga Safety Award-2014 in “Gold Category” in the power sector at the Safety Conclave held at Bhubaneswar on 29th September.
- OPGC received the Global CSR Excellence & Leadership Awards by ABP News at the World CSR Congress held at Mumbai on 17th & 18th February, 2015.
- OPGC was conferred with CSR Excellence award by BLUE DART at the World CSR Congress held at Hotel Taj Lands End Mumbai on 17th & 18th February, 2015.
- OPGC’s Energy Conservation project won the Replicability Award at the APEX Global competition for the case study on “Performance Improvement through Energy Conservation”. The award function was held in Puntacana, Dominican Republic, USA on 11th & 12th January 2015.
- OPGC’s “Plant Performance Improvement through Energy Conservation” project won the 1st prize in AES Asia SBU Apex Competition held in Manila on 12th November, 2014.
- OPGC Received Gold Award for "Best Strategy in HR" at the 4th Annual Greentech HR Awards 2014 held at Bangalore on 27th June 2014.
- OPGC won the Best CSR Practice Award 2014 at the National CSR Awards organised by Think Media Inc. at New Delhi in March 2014.
- OPGC got the 8th Indy's CSR Award held at Mumbai on 18th February, 2014 for excellence in Community Development and Women Empowerment.
- OPGC was conferred the Global CSR Excellence & Leadership Award 2014 for successful implementation of sustainable drinking water project in the periphery of IB Thermal Power Station. Award was presented by ABP News in Collaboration of World CSR Congress on Mumbai, 17th February, 2014
- OPGC was awarded with Certificate of Appreciation for Drinking Water Supply Project at the 3rd Annual Greentech Award 2013
- "We received the CII award (1st) in Best Practices on SHE on 20th Nov, evening from Honorable Chief Minister, Odisha with his message "Well done OPGC & Congratulation".
- OPGC received reorganization from AES Board of Directors for achieving 5 Years without a lost time incident on February 3, 2009"
- OPGC Received the Greentech Safety Award - 2008 Gold for outstanding achievement in Safety Management.
- OPGC received First Prize in Lowest weighted frequency rate of Accident by Directorate of Factories and Boilers, Odisha , Bhubaneswar . The award was presented by the Honable Minister of State Ind. Labor and Employment, Government of Odisha in the august presence of commissioner cum secretary.
- OPGC received GREENTECH Safety GOLD Award-2007 on 22nd Feb 2007 at Mumbai
from Greentech Foundation. OPGC received this Award for last 3 consecutive
- OPGC received GREENTECH Safety GOLD Award 2006 in Coal based Power sector for Outstanding achievement in safety management from Greentech foundation.
- OPGC received Safety Award from Directorate of Factories & Boiers, Odisha for " 1st Prize in
Longest Accident Free Period category for the yr.2004 ".
- OPGC (ITPS) received "CII-Odisha Award for Best Practices in Environment , Safety & Health (ESH)-Runner".
- OPGC (ITPS) has been selected for the prestigious "Greentech Environment Excellence Gold Award in Thermal Power Sector for them year 2004-2005".
- IBTPS has received OHSAS 18000 certification from BVQI from 05th May 2005.
- OPGC received "Greentech Safety Gold Award in Power Sector" for the year 2004-05 in recognition to outstanding achievement in Safety Management at IBTPS.
IBTPS has received State Safety Award for "Best Environment Management" Year 2002-03 from Director of Factories Director of Factories & Boilers, Odisha on 27th Nov'2004.
OPGC has received prestigious Greentech Environment Excellence Gold Award in thermal power sector for the year 2003-04 in recognition to Best Environment Management.
- Environment Management System(EMS) established & implemented at ITPS was recommended for ISO 14001 certification by BVQI in Oct'2004 after final audit conducted from 11-14th Oct2004 & received the Certificate from 14th October 2004.
- State Pollution & control excellency Award 2003 for Implementation of Environmental Pollution control measures & Constant effort for protection of environment.
- Pollution control appreciation award –2002 Promoted by Odisha Pollution Control Board.
- Meritorious Productivity Awards (promoted by CEA) for the year 1999-2000 –Cash Award of Rs.8.31Lakhs, Silver shield & a Gold medal –
- Safety award from Chief inspector, Factories and Boiler Odisha for the year 1999 for zero accident in industry.
- Meritorious performance of Thermal Power Station from Ministry of Power, Govt. of India ( promoted by CEA )for the year 1998-99 -Cash Award of Rs.4.09Lac and a Silver shield.
- Incentive award from Ministry of Power, Govt. of India ( promoted by CEA )for better performance of thermal power station for the year 1997-1998 –Cash Award of Rs.3.40 Lac.
- Incentive award from Ministry of Power, Govt. of India ( promoted by CEA ) for reducing specific fuel oil consumption during the year 1997-Cash Award of Rs.5.31 Lac.
- Incentive award from Ministry of Power, Govt. of India ( promoted by CEA )for reducing specific fuel oil consumption during the year 1996 -Cash Award of Rs.7.53 Lac.