IB Thermal Power Station of OPGC has adorned another feather to its cap by getting ISO 9001:2008 certification in January 2016. The certification came after months’ long rigorous scrutiny and audit by internationally reputed certification agency Bureau Veritas Certification Holding SAS. The process, which includes two stages of stringent audit and then meeting various compliances to the satisfaction of the agency, started in June and ended in December of 2015. Meeting the requirements of ISO 9001:2008 standards signifies quality management system that will be of real benefit to an organization to help manage the business effectively and put in place best practice methodology. With this certification, OPGC gets the quality systems that will provide foundation to better customer satisfaction, staff motivation and continual improvement.
This could be possible by the strong efforts put by M/s Suryasis Management Consultant, Bhubaneswar who was roped in by OPGC for this programme. From IB Thermal Power Station, this certification was led by Mr A.S. Rao, Chief Manager (Elect), Engineering as Management representative with support from other team members.
Some Benefits OPGC gets out of it:
- Provides senior management with an efficient management process
- Sets out areas of responsibility across the organization
- Communicates a positive message to both internal & external stakeholders.
- Identifies deficiencies and encourages more efficient and time saving processes.
- Reduces the costs
- Provides continuous assessment and improvement
Some benefit to customers:
- Improved quality of services.
- Delivery on time.
- Independent audit shows commitment to quality.
Earlier it was certified with ISO14001 & ISO 18001. With this ITPS is now certified with ISO-9001-2008, ISO: 14001 & ISO: 18001.
ISO 9001 certificate.